Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Photoshop Practice



Practicing the computer side of things is probably as important as practicing the photography part. My proficiency with Photoshop is something that needs improving and I have recently come into the possession of a Scott Kelby book that has me learning some new techniques while reinforcing some old ones. Mostly I am just trying to learn the quick keys and to commit some things to memory so that I don't have to figure it out every time I need it.

This is a shot from a coal mine in Colorado. There is nothing here to give you a sense of scale but this chain is huge... and it really is purple.
I just made a duplicate layer and messed with the hue until everything looked yellow. Then I added a layer mask and used the brush to add and remove desired parts of each layer. Not from the Scott Kelby book exactly but inspired by it certainly.