Friday, November 28, 2008

Zion Water


The path continued on through the trees and ferns, the sound of rushing water growing louder with each step. The trail emerged from the woods and lead to a small footbridge that crossed a beautiful creek. Instead of crossing the bridge and continuing along the trail I decided to walk upstream along the bank to find worthy ground for a few tripod holes. 
The day was gray and the overcast meant that a long exposure of moving water was possible without having to stack a bunch of neutral density filters over the lens.  I found a spot that was relatively clear of the Fall debris cluttering much of the water, set my tripod up and started shooting. After a few shots, adjusting the shutter speed and aperture to achieve the amount of motion I wanted to show in the water, I headed back to the trail and crossed the bridge. Off to the "Emerald Pools", one of Zion's famous beauty spots.

1 comment:

David Tejada said...

I like this one, your great!