Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Leaf

Walking along a trail in Zion National Park reminded me of the rain forest of the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. Everything covered in wet. Moss on every surface, fungi sprouting from the rotted, fallen trees. Water rushing nearby but unseen, some creek hiding beyond the thick green foliage. As I tried to make my way to the hidden water, I came across a large moss covered rock with a few brightly colored leaves sitting upon it. The moss was thick, like a cushioned blanket set over the stone. One leaf in particular seemed........ comfortable, as if the fall from it's perch above had somehow left it tired and ready for sleep. I raised my camera "thats' worth a shot". The rest is pixels. 

1 comment:

David Tejada said...

I like this one. Don't remember it.